Wouldn’t it be nice to find a trustworthy list of the best affiliate networks in 2020 in one place?
There is no shortage of such lists online. But how do you separate the facts from the fiction?
While some lists are backed by research and facts, others are just copies of other people’s lists. Here, we’ll cut through all of the clutter to outline the best affiliate networks based on reputation and performance.
If you’re interested in earning passive income by promoting reputable affiliate networks and programs, you’ve come to the right place.
Or, if you’re new to all of this, let’s get started with the basics…
WHAT IS AN AFFILIATE NETWORK?
An affiliate network acts as a channel between publishers (affiliate marketers) who sell products and services and the merchants who create those products and services offered through their affiliate program.
For merchants, affiliate network services provided often include reporting, tracking, payment and refund processing, affiliate management, and most importantly – access to a large base of publishers (affiliate marketers).
For affiliate marketers, the network provides a choice of available affiliate programs organized by category and popularity, a simple way to join those programs, reporting tools, analytics, and payment processing.
While affiliate marketers are generally able to join affiliate networks for free, merchants usually have to pay a fee to participate in the network. Affiliate networks usually charge an initial setup fee for each merchant and often a recurring membership fee.
There are several payout methods used by affiliate networks including the two most popular models: CPS and CPA.
CPS, also referred to as PPS (Pay Per Sale), pays a set commission to the affiliate marketer who refers a lead that results in a purchase.
Online marketing companies love the CPS model since they only pay a commission after they get paid first by the purchasing customer. It’s basically free marketing and advertising since the affiliate is the one who produces the lead without any up-front cost to them.
This is also why CPS payout commission percentages are so high. Incidentally, the CPS model is primarily what we focus on here on this website.
CPA marketing programs pay affiliates when a specific action is taken by the referral or lead. Common actions include clicks, impressions, form submits, sign-ups, registrations, or opt-ins.
Table Of Contents
- Wealthy Affiliates
- Warrior Plus
- Payolee Partners
- CJ By Conversant
- Amazon Associates
- Affiliate Partners
- Commission Factory
- eBay Partner Network
TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE BEST AFFILIATE NETWORKS FOR YOU
The choices I’ve listed above are the affiliate networks that I’m most familiar with. Most I use today or have used in the past and still like.
What you need to do is determine which networks are best for you. Below are five elements you can use, plus any of your own, to make this decision.
How To Choose Which Affiliate Network To Work With
- Affiliate Network Reputation. Search for affiliate marketing forums and review sites to find out what other people are saying about the networks you’re interested in. Are they reliable? Do they always pay on time? Do they have a responsive customer service team to help you when you have questions or problems? What is their refund rate? Will you have an individual affiliate manager dedicated to your success?
- Compare Commission Rates. Making a sale online big or small requires the same amount of work. Why settle for 30% commissions when another network will pay you 70% for a similar product? This is going to require you to do some leg work by visiting each network site and digging around their offers. This is time well spent since it will have a direct impact on your income.
- Are The Offers A Good Fit For Your Audience? You need products and services that solve the problems your audience came to you for. You need to determine exactly what it is they’re looking for and provide the solution. As marketing legend Dan Kennedy once said, and I am paraphrasing here, ‘pair your bait to your critter’.
- Are The Products, Services And Offers High Quality? Your reputation is at stake so choose your offers carefully. Your customers are counting on you to refer products that will pay them more dividends than the money they’ll part with to have them. You also don’t want to be an affiliate with a super high refund rate. It takes money off the table and loses the trust of both vendors and your customers.
- Does The Network Offer Any Add-Ons? Add-ons include up-sells, cross-sells and enhancements that your customer can opt for that will allow you to make extra commissions on each sale. Add-ons are a very common practice in affiliate marketing. Add-ons are usually presented at the time of the initial sale. These up-sells add more bells and whistles to enhance the core product. Your customers are under no obligation to buy any of these add-on items, but when they do, you get paid more.
HIGH-END PRODUCT LAUNCH PLATFORMS
One of the very best ways to earn big ticket commissions is to promote high-end product launches. But there’s definitely a fine art to its so if you’re new to affiliate marketing I would encourage you to NOT focus on promoting product launches until you know more.
The product launches I’m referring to are targeted toward other internet marketers and they attract the very best online entrepreneurs in the world. It’s extremely competitive and requires a lot of work. It helps a lot to have a sizeable list of followers that are also interested in affiliate marketing.
WHY PROMOTE HIGH-END AFFILIATE PRODUCTS?
Promoting anything on the internet takes relatively the same amount of time and effort. Promoting an affiliate product online that pays you $12.00 per sale takes the same amount of energy as one that pays you $1,000.00 per sale. Where would you rather invest your time?
Further, the truth is that the high end of the market is less saturated with competition than the low-end affiliate product market. Many affiliate marketers, new to the game, don’t know this and stick to the easier-to-find low paying offers.
But more than that, affiliate marketing has changed dramatically in the past decade. What once worked online, no longer does.
If you want to learn the new way to make high income online selling high ticket affiliate programs please have a look at this: